Swimfarm are committed to providing children and young people with appropriate safety and protection whilst in the care of its staff.
Swimfarm undertake to ensure that all staff/volunteers to make informed and confident responses to specific child protection issues and are suitable qualified and security cleared.
This policy is based on the following principles:
• The welfare of the participants is paramount.
• All children, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin religious beliefs and/or sexual identity have the right to protection from abuse.
• All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
• Staff/volunteers are trained to understand the nature of abuse and to be alert to matters of concern. They are not trained to deal with situations of abuse or to decide if abuse has occurred.
• All staff (paid/unpaid) have responsibility to report concerns to the Designated Person with responsibility for safeguarding.
We will aim to safeguard children by:
• Adopting child protection guidelines through procedures and a code of conduct for staff and volunteers.
• Sharing information about safeguarding and good practice with children, parents and carers, staff and volunteers.
• Sharing information about concerns with agencies who need to know, and involving parents and children appropriately.
• Carefully following the procedures for recruitment and selection of staff and volunteers.
• Providing effective management for staff and volunteers through support, supervision and training.
• We are committed to reviewing our policy and good practice regularly.